Full-time post-doctoral assistant – Digital Humanities (Digital Textual Analysis)
The Faculty of Arts and Philosophy is looking for a full-time post-doctoral assistant in the area of digital textual analysis, within the Ghent Centre for Digital Humanities.
What we are looking for
- You hold a PhD or equivalent degree in humanities. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have conducted academic research using digital textual analysis within the humanities;
- You have relevant programming skills, e.g. Python;
- You are interested in working in an multi-disciplinary expert team;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably, also in Dutch.
- To undertake academic research in digital textual analysis (at least 70% of your working time will be dedicated to academic research);
- To coordinate the development of a service infrastructure for digital textual analysis;
- To coordinate a Belgian and European DARIAH working group on ‘Text-mining literary and historical texts’.
What we can offer you
- We can offer you a three-year appointment, which is not renewable.
Please note: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1.11.2016 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about this can be found on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 07/10/2016 at 23:59 (CET) at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following documents attached as one file:
- application letter
- a transcript of the required degree
- an overview of your relevant scientific publications
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016-09-04. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
Please note: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Gunther Martens (email@example.com, +32 9 264 40 93).
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 7,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
Official Dutch version: https://www.ugent.be/nl/vacatures/aap/lw51da20160904.htm