In January 2017, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) joined the DARIAH-VL consortium. To further strengthen their team in Brussels, the VUB is looking to appoint a DARIAH and Digital Humanities coordinator. This role includes:
- To create a first inventory / needs analysis of all current VUB projects and infrastructures in the area of DARIAH / Digital Humanities
- To support the institutional embedding of DH research at the VUB
- To be the liaison person for DARIAH both with VUB and within the broader DARIAH community within Flanders, Belgium and Europe.
The ideal candidate will have recently completed (or about to complete) a Masters degree in the arts and humanities with demonstrable affinity with the digital humanities.
It is possible to combine this position with another job, doctorate or research project in the domain. Candidates who are currently working on a PhD or have successfully completed their PhD in a related area are also welcome to apply. Strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are required.
- To apply, please prepare a full CV, cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining your interest / experience with Digital Humanities, plus your Masters' certificate (or transcripts for those in the final stage of their Master programme)
- Send your application to: https://tinyurl.com/dariah-vub.
- Deadline for applications is Monday 29 May at 22:00